I just took a learning styles test online and it’s amazing how accurate the results are:
- all your senses - sight, touch, taste, smell, hearing …
- lecturers who give real-life examples
- Recipes - solutions to problems, previous exam papers
- Put plenty of examples into your summary. Use case studies and applications to help with principles and abstract concepts.
- Talk about your notes with another “K” person.
- Use pictures and photographs that illustrate an idea.
- Write practice answers, paragraphs…
- Role play the exam situation in your own room.
- describe the overheads, pictures and other visuals to somebody who was not there
- leave spaces in your notes for later recall and ‘filling’
- attend classes
- Read your summarised notes aloud.
- Explain your notes to another ‘aural’ person.
- Imagine talking with the examiner.
- Spend time in quiet places recalling the ideas.