LESS worries and stress… thoughts
MORE doing… actions
This month is dedicated to following my heart and intuition instead of hesitating, stressing, and weighing every pros and cons. I want to do more instead of talking about doing more. I’m going to LIVE instead of planning how I will live. I want to focus on the PRESENT, instead of trying to control my future.
I want to wake up and smell the cold forest air, I want to feel the soft moss under my bare feet as I sip tea. I don’t want to worry about what time it is or whats going to happen next. I just want to be.
(1) School - I’m so thankful for this time in my life in which I dedicate lots of my time, energy, and money just to explore my interests. It’s awesome to take classes that I’m genuinely interested in. I love my sociology, English, and women’s studies class. Education is definitely a privilege.
(2) God - I’m thankful that I have someone as awesome as God to trust and turn to. It means the world to me. Without God, my life would be purposeless and meaningless.
(3) Womanhood(?) - I’m so thankful for being born as a female! Through this semester’s women’s studies class, I came to understand women’s history and embrace my own identity as a woman.
(4) People - I realized this on Tuesday when I was feeling down. I called an old friend from high school, half knowing it might be awkward because we haven’t stayed in touch this semester and half hoping we can still have heart to heart sessions even though we’re far away. We ended up talking for an hour and a half, just ranting, listening, confessing, comforting, and encouraging each other. I’m so thankful for wonderful, supportive people that God placed around me. I’m so thankful for LC, EJ (actually, everyone from RY), TV, DK, EP, and MO. This support system means so so much. Also I’m thankful for the broken people that God placed around me too, AB, JM, TK, AL, AO, NY, and MP.
(5) Struggles - Sometimes I can’t even believe the kinds of crazy things I went through since August. And I can’t say it was easy, but I’m so thankful for these experiences. They have shaped me to be who I am.
I feel so much better than before writing my thanksgiving list
God, give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference